6/13/08

Spring/Summer 2004

I have to say that the spring/summer of 2004 is when I really fell in love with taking pictures. It created in me a desire to capture the details of Creation on camera. I took these pictures on a little point-and-shoot Fujifilm FinePix A200 digital camera (with a whopping 2.o MegaPixels). This was also my floral stage . . . well, I say "stage", but I've never really grown out of it. Flowers are some of the most fascinating subjects to me. They are all so different and detailed!

These are my two favorite shots from that season . . .

This tulip came up outside of our pump house when we lived 
in a little lakeside cottage in southeastern Michigan.

We had dogwoods growing on our embankment in front of our house
 in southeastern Michigan, and I was standing above this little branch, leaning over the embankment. I love how waxy the petals look!

These are a number of other shots I got that summer, many of which were taken in my mother-in-law's back yard . . .


The above photo of daisies was too blurry when I shot it, 
but I thought I could redeem it by giving it a watercolor effect 
while editing it on my computer. Turned out pretty good!





I like this shot because it reminds me of the pansies on 
Disney's Alice in Wonderland. I can just see their little faces.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails